The Anderson Farm was built in 1837 and is located on the corner of Dwyer Hill Rd and Franktown Rd. The Farm was recognized as a Century Farm in 1967, having remained in the family since Confederation.
Anderson Farm Receives New Sign Commemorating 175 Years
On Saturday, Nov. 25, the Goulbourn Township Historical Society presented new commerative signs to the Anderson, Dawson, Hobbs and Kenny families. These four farming families have spent 150 years or more working the land.
The signs were made by Junior Farmers of Ontario (JFO), a group that ran the original century farm signs project in 1967 and again made the commemorative signs this year for sale to farms across the province. In collaboration with JFO’s Quintina Cuddihy, the Goulbourn Township Historical Society purchased the signs, as well as reproductions of the ones made in 1967, for Stittsville’s four 150 year farms.
Pictured at left: Lesley McKay (Goulbourn Township Historical Society) and Quintina Cuddihy (Junior Farmers of Ontario) with the Anderson family. Photo courtesy of the Goulbourn Township Historical Society.